Cold weather vitamin C serum
| 04 November 2021
The chilling wind, unpredictable sun, and dry indoor air promise to bring only troubles to the skin. So, it’s time to think about proper care in order to meet the last month of autumn fully armed.
There are two options for avoiding the unpleasant effects of cold weather, such as dryness, tightness, and flaking of the skin: moisturizer and serums. We decided to turn to the latter first since they have a very important quality for the cool season: they perfectly saturate the skin, being absorbed in a matter of seconds. What other additional options to choose: whitening, narrowing pores, or anti-aging – you need to decide, focusing on personal needs.
Vitamin C Serums
Vitamin C, or L-ascorbic acid, is a powerful natural antioxidant. In cold weather, for colds, we take it in any form: in compotes, in the form of ascorbic acid, in vitamins, or in fruits. Vitamin C enters the body through food or cosmetics.
In addition, vitamin C is:
- an antioxidant that helps protect the cells of the body from the harmful effects of free radicals;
- a healing agent that contributes to the rapid disappearance of small wounds and abrasions;
- tonic that helps maintain the strength of the walls of blood vessels, their healthy tone, and elasticity;
- activator of the action of other vitamins – in particular, A, E, and group B.
Why is vitamin C needed in cosmetics?
Vitamin C is loved by beauty professionals because it has a number of important functions in helping to maintain healthy skin. How can a vitamin C serum be useful?
- Fights against age-related signs: unevenness and thickening of the skin, age spots, laxity.
- Stimulates collagen production while maintaining skin firmness and elasticity.
- Helps achieve a brightening and natural glow from the inside out.
- Tones and strengthens the network of blood vessels in all layers of the skin, which gives it a fresh look and healthy color.
Rules for the use of vitamin C concentrate for the face
How to use vitamin C serums correctly? Are there any contraindications to their use? Can they be used to restore skin after cosmetic procedures? Read on and we will give you the answer.
The use of serum with vitamin C requires adherence to simple instructions. This will help you get the most out of your chosen whey:
- The product with vitamin C for the face is recommended to be applied in the morning to achieve the maximum effect of photoprotection (protection of the skin from UV rays).
- You must first cleanse your face using the usual products that are appropriate for your skin type.
- Then apply 4-5 drops of serum to the skin, gently distributing them with a pipette.
- Wait 10-15 minutes and apply moisturizer if necessary.
- Use sunscreen before going outside.
Is Vitamin C Serum Suitable for Recovery?
Yes, vitamin C face serums have a suitable mechanism of action for this. They help to strengthen the protective functions of the skin, reduce the risk of developing unpleasant consequences after exposure to cold air in the cold season and, if necessary, consolidate the results of cosmetic procedures. InstaSkinare serums can be used after mid-surface and deep peels, dermabrasion, and laser procedures.
Contraindications to use
The best vitamin C products are generally suitable for all skin types – including sensitive and allergic skin types. However, when using a product that is new to you, of course, it is better to test it first by applying a small amount to the skin on the inner fold of the elbow or wrist and assessing the reaction.
If there is no individual reaction, you can safely entrust the chosen remedy to protect the youth and beauty of your skin from the effects of unfavorable weather, age-related changes, the appearance of pigmentation, and other unpleasant signs of age!